Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Join Coney Island USA on Facebook!

We've upgraded to YaBB 2.5.2!

Back To ConeyIsland.com

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 107
Send Topic Print
Rumor: Trump Village Shopping center to close (Read 322160 times)
Lunaparker
Gold Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Rumor: Trump Village Shopping center to close
Reply #1440 - May 16th, 2017 at 9:27am

Schron just secured a $54mn loan for Sheepshead Bay Road. It appears that NetCost will be taking space in the new Trump Village Shopping Center.

https://therealdeal.com/2017/05/11/loan-for-schron-cammebys-international-locks-
down-54-million-for-614-sheepshead-bay-road/

IP Logged

coneyislandsteve
YaBB Newbies

Reply #1441 - May 16th, 2017 at 7:34pm

And here I was hoping for Trader Joes, tired of greasy Russian food...

IP Logged

Lunaparker
Gold Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #1442 - May 16th, 2017 at 8:08pm

I'm sorry that you will be subjected to greasy Russian food Coneyislandsteve. Is Ukrainian or Moldavian or Uzbek food any better?  Cheesy

No one really seems to really know which stores are coming (or returning) to the new shopping centres Coneyislandsteve. A while ago, some posters insisted that there was going to be "luxury" upscale shops moving in. It now appears that the Kings Plaza-style shopping mall on Sheepshead Bay Road is going to end up being nothing more than a "strip-mall".

As far as the Trump Village Shopping Center replacement? Still an unknown. A while back several posters here expressed their objections to a Trader Joes or Fairway as too 'upscale' for the community as a whole. Personally, I think such a store would be a great addition to the area. However, several  posters stated their contentment with Key. I'm not sure of the origin of the Trader Joes/Fairway rumor Coneyislandsteve , but that's all it appears to be at this point in time.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1443 - May 16th, 2017 at 10:52pm

The rumor of Trader Joes was started by a reporter reporting what she mis heard from a meeting with the Sch-ruin mouth piece.  Its buried here in this thread to look at the meetings I recorded here, where to search for the raw material the story was based on and you will hear the truth for yourself.

As far as I am concerned, and said the same thing for a Sitt owned property, I don't care how much it would cost me at Keyfood, even if one penny goes to Sch-ruin from a purchase I made on their property.. it wont happen.

Who do you think will pay for the loans??  Us.  A slice of pizza cost us $2.75 at Roccos.  A new pizza place at a new Trump Shopping center or by SBR and West 8th will cost more.  One of the few facts the Sch-ruin mouth piece told the community, parking will be more expensive.  So will everything else.  I don't shop now at Net Cost, have even more reasons not to once they move to a Sch-ruin owned building.  A purchase at Keyfood goes back into my development.  A purchase at Net Cost will go into a fund that hurt my community.

Yes.. the last slice of pizza I bought at Roccos the day they closed, some of my purchase went to Sch-ruins, but I felt I have more loyalty to the brothers who ran Roccos, then my dislike for Sch-ruins.

Bruce

coneyislandsteve wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 7:34pm:

Its all about the land between the Aquarium to Keyspan, south of Surf Ave.

IP Logged

coneyislandsteve
YaBB Newbies

Reply #1444 - May 17th, 2017 at 7:34am

The food at Brighton Bazaar ($3.49 lb.) at CIA and Brighton Beach is very good! The self serve prepared food at NetCost is mostly awful ($6.45 lb)., they need better "Babushka" chefs...I noticed yesterday they are opening (Coming Soon) Tashkent Market and buffet at CIA and Brighton.

Lunaparker wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 8:08pm:
I'm sorry that you will be subjected to greasy Russian food Coneyislandsteve. Is Ukrainian or Moldavian or Uzbek food any better?  Cheesy

No one really seems to really know which stores are coming (or returning) to the new shopping centres Coneyislandsteve. A while ago, some posters insisted that there was going to be "luxury" upscale shops moving in. It now appears that the Kings Plaza-style shopping mall on Sheepshead Bay Road is going to end up being nothing more than a "strip-mall".

As far as the Trump Village Shopping Center replacement? Still an unknown. A while back several posters here expressed their objections to a Trader Joes or Fairway as too 'upscale' for the community as a whole. Personally, I think such a store would be a great addition to the area. However, several  posters stated their contentment with Key. I'm not sure of the origin of the Trader Joes/Fairway rumor Coneyislandsteve , but that's all it appears to be at this point in time.

IP Logged

coneyislandsteve
YaBB Newbies

Reply #1445 - May 17th, 2017 at 7:37am

Of course new billion+ dollar construction, high rents will be reflected in the shops prices, that's a given......I'll still do most of my shopping in Sunset Park's Chinatown 8th Ave. Best bang for your buck.

Capt_Nemo wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 10:52pm:
The rumor of Trader Joes was started by a reporter reporting what she mis heard from a meeting with the Sch-ruin mouth piece.  Its buried here in this thread to look at the meetings I recorded here, where to search for the raw material the story was based on and you will hear the truth for yourself.

As far as I am concerned, and said the same thing for a Sitt owned property, I don't care how much it would cost me at Keyfood, even if one penny goes to Sch-ruin from a purchase I made on their property.. it wont happen.

Who do you think will pay for the loans??  Us.  A slice of pizza cost us $2.75 at Roccos.  A new pizza place at a new Trump Shopping center or by SBR and West 8th will cost more.  One of the few facts the Sch-ruin mouth piece told the community, parking will be more expensive.  So will everything else.  I don't shop now at Net Cost, have even more reasons not to once they move to a Sch-ruin owned building.  A purchase at Keyfood goes back into my development.  A purchase at Net Cost will go into a fund that hurt my community.

Yes.. the last slice of pizza I bought at Roccos the day they closed, some of my purchase went to Sch-ruins, but I felt I have more loyalty to the brothers who ran Roccos, then my dislike for Sch-ruins.

Bruce

« Last Edit: May 17th, 2017 at 11:07am by coneyislandsteve »  

IP Logged

Lunaparker
Gold Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #1446 - May 17th, 2017 at 1:28pm

At one point Captain, I would dare venture to guess that most people living in Trump, Warbasse, and Luna Park, will choose to adapt to their new environment rather than stop living.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1447 - May 17th, 2017 at 7:50pm

I was working in that neighborhood about a week ago.  Decided to get some Chinese Wonton Soup.  What I got.. wasn't what I was expecting.  I tried it till I felt the sodium was getting to me, stopped eating it, threw it out.

So let someone else pay off Sch-ruins loans, it wont be me.  It wont be allot of people.

Bruce

coneyislandsteve wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 7:37am:
Of course new billion+ dollar construction, high rents will be reflected in the shops prices, that's a given......I'll still do most of my shopping in Sunset Park's Chinatown 8th Ave. Best bang for your buck.

Capt_Nemo wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 10:52pm:

Bruce

IP Logged

coneyislandsteve
YaBB Newbies

Reply #1448 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:01am

IP Logged

West 32nd
Gold Member

I Love Coney Island!

Reply #1449 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:03am

coneyislandsteve wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 10:01am:

Looks like a beautiful restoration of the building's interior.  I wish them well.

Wondering, though, whether they'll do much business apart from concert evenings.  The location is a bit far-west on the boardwalk for the casual Coney Island day tourist, in my opinion.

IP Logged

Lunaparker
Gold Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #1450 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:23pm

Captain, you can ignore me but I will not go away.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1451 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:43pm

Depends on the food.  They wont be Nathans, Garguilios, or Totonios (forgive any mis spellings.. you know what I mean)  I never heard of Kitchen 21.  But will give it a looksee this weekend.

Bruce

West 32nd wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:03am:
coneyislandsteve wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 10:01am:

Looks like a beautiful restoration of the building's interior.  I wish them well.

Wondering, though, whether they'll do much business apart from concert evenings.  The location is a bit far-west on the boardwalk for the casual Coney Island day tourist, in my opinion.

IP Logged

Lunaparker
Gold Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #1452 - May 19th, 2017 at 6:42am

This web site https://ny.eater.com/2017/5/17/15653118/kitchen-21-childs-coney-island-nyc makes it sound quite interesting and original. The article makes reference to 'summer fare' but I suppose that doesn't exclude year-round service. We eat many foods out-of-season these days. The company seems to have extensive experience providing food service to a number of venues.

IP Logged

Lunaparker
Gold Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #1453 - May 19th, 2017 at 6:32pm

Don't take this as a personal attack.

Are you serious Captain? You were working in New York City's third largest China-Towns and you only ordered WONTON Soup?  Didn't you have any desire to try some of the authentic foods?

IP Logged

West 32nd
Gold Member

I Love Coney Island!

Reply #1454 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:16pm

Capt_Nemo wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:43pm:
Depends on the food.  They wont be Nathans, Garguilios, or Totonios (forgive any mis spellings.. you know what I mean)  I never heard of Kitchen 21.  But will give it a looksee this weekend.

Please do, Bruce.

You're my primary connection to my beloved Coney Island, these days.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 107
Send Topic Print