Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Join Coney Island USA on Facebook!

Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.

Back To ConeyIsland.com

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 ... 101
Send Topic Print
Rumor: Trump Village Shopping center to close (Read 284382 times)
Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Re: Rumor: Trump Village Shopping center to close
Reply #1320 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 9:57pm

Are they doing remediation work? or building foundations?  Here are some photos I took Sunday.

This is where I thought they would be excavating material, but just sinking pipes?  This is where the stores were.. cant estimate which store.

If pipes are just being banged into the ground to deposit gypsum, why have so many pipes so close to each other??

Bruce

Its all about the land between the Aquarium to Keyspan, south of Surf Ave.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1321 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 9:59pm

It looks like this is going to be for new power to the bank trailers...

If you wanted to rob the bank trailers for money... doesn't this seem so easy to cut the power??

Bruce

IP Logged

32_GRINNING_TEETH

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

BROOKLYN
Reply #1322 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:30am

Can not view your photos with any of the browsers I use from AOL Desktop, Fox or Safari.  Can you post the same way as before, which always worked fine.

Last statement from State DEC said contractor doing construction work, specifically stating that it was outside of the remediation zone.   It does not look that way.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1323 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 12:10pm

sorry, my server crashed last nite.  hope to have it backonline at the most by the weekend.  thanks for the info

Bruce

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1324 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:17pm

photos should be working again.

I really feel we are on the short end on this whole thing.  We will be poisoned.  I wrote a email to the infor@dangmans.. whatever.  haven't heard back.

Bruce

Capt_Nemo wrote on Mar 9th, 2017 at 12:10pm:
sorry, my server crashed last nite.  hope to have it backonline at the most by the weekend.  thanks for the info

Bruce

IP Logged

32_GRINNING_TEETH

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

BROOKLYN
Reply #1325 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 8:08pm

Thanks for the photos. 
I am not worried about the contamination just yet.   This is because the construction workers have not been darning masks or protective suits while doing whatever it is they are doing right now.   Of course, this reasoning only applies if they are not idiots or brazen brutes.  LOL

BTW:  Do you know where the parking for the completed shopping mall will be?   I do not see cars on the roof of the computer conception.   A rise/run of about 200' long is probably needed to smoothly get cars up 15' from street level and I do not see where that would be. I was thinking that if the Russian Supermarket moves into Neptune Sixth East, some space  may open up there for both sides.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1326 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 8:34pm

If those pipes.. and pretty sure it is foundation work being done.... they usually dig up the existing ground cement down to dirt level.  Lot quicker to with a empty lot then moving around the foundation works.  So why leave the original blacktop and even the cement base where the stores were?

As far as parking, still hear rooftop parking still.  Maybe perhaps multilevels.  I forget where.. former Pathmark on Ocean.. Maybe Stop N Shop by Ave Y... they have a steep ramp for their parking.

Bruce

32_GRINNING_TEETH wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 8:08pm:
Thanks for the photos. 
I am not worried about the contamination just yet.   This is because the construction workers have not been darning masks or protective suits while doing whatever it is they are doing right now.   Of course, this reasoning only applies if they are not idiots or brazen brutes.  LOL

BTW:  Do you know where the parking for the completed shopping mall will be?   I do not see cars on the roof of the computer conception.   A rise/run of about 200' long is probably needed to smoothly get cars up 15' from street level and I do not see where that would be. I was thinking that if the Russian Supermarket moves into Neptune Sixth East, some space  may open up there for both sides.

IP Logged

32_GRINNING_TEETH

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

BROOKLYN
Reply #1327 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 12:16pm

As I hinted at in December, that narrow, almost single file path in front of the old shopping center parking lot, where we are walking now, would become dysfunctional in a big snowstorm.
Just nowhere to put the snow.   

With 10-20" of snow coming, figure on walking on Neptune Ave. traffic areas, once cleared.

IP Logged

Elephant Man
Gold Member

4th Largest City in America
Reply #1328 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 7:51pm

32_GRINNING_TEETH wrote on Mar 13th, 2017 at 12:16pm:
As I hinted at in December, that narrow, almost single file path in front of the old shopping center parking lot, where we are walking now, would become dysfunctional in a big snowstorm.
Just nowhere to put the snow.   

With 10-20" of snow coming, figure on walking on Neptune Ave. traffic areas, once cleared.

It's going to be a nasty spot over there.   If people that live in the houses need it to get to the bus and trains, it is going to be a serious hazard.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1329 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 6:33pm

They are pounding these foundation pipes where the rear of the Bank to where (I am guessing) the Chinese take out was.  This has to be right in the plum of the poisons in the ground.

And these are most definitely not pipes to dump gypsum into.  They are closed at the bottom.

Nothing great about this.....

Bruce

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1330 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 6:34pm

Looks like the remaining store fronts.. except for DII is set to be demolished too.

Bruce

IP Logged

West 32nd
Gold Member

I Love Coney Island!

Reply #1331 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 11:32pm

The proximity of the two Trump buildings to the shopping center and proposed new high-rise site is very obvious in that last picture of yours, Bruce.

Should be obvious to anyone reading here why those residents are stakeholders when it comes to the redevelopment planned such a short distance away from their doorsteps.

IP Logged

Lunaparker
Gold Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #1332 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:00pm

A friend of mine lives across West 5th Street and has a direct view of the construction site. He tells me the noise is horrible. "Luckily" for him he "has to" take care of his mother-in-law who lives in Luna Park so he misses most of the action. His wife and daughter suffer the noise though. He's over 70 years of age. God bless him. My friend is in modest health but has an amazing ability to cope with all the inconveniences.

IP Logged

West 32nd
Gold Member

I Love Coney Island!

Reply #1333 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 3:02am

Lunaparker wrote on Mar 20th, 2017 at 3:00pm:
A friend of mine lives across West 5th Street and has a direct view of the construction site. He tells me the noise is horrible. "Luckily" for him he "has to" take care of his mother-in-law who lives in Luna Park so he misses most of the action. His wife and daughter suffer the noise though. He's over 70 years of age. God bless him. My friend is in modest health but has an amazing ability to cope with all the inconveniences.

The human ability to accommodate noise is incredible.

Living in Building Two of Luna Park during the 1970s, I was subjected to Donna Summer screaming "Love to Love You Baby" at 2 am on a hot July evening with all the windows open. The "Disco Himalaya" down West 12th. 

These were the days before Luna Park residents were permitted to have air conditioners.

Whatever.

If they insert needles in your eyes, after a while you learn to sleep through it.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #1334 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 11:56pm

This hurts the most......  I guess I should delete the number from my cell phone.

I am guessing nothing will be left of the old shopping center except for DII shortly.

Bruce

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 ... 101
Send Topic Print