Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Join Coney Island USA on Facebook!

We've upgraded to YaBB 2.5.2!

Back To ConeyIsland.com

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Brooklyn Nets Shop by Adidas to open in Coney! (Read 6587 times)
Bogframe
Gold Member

Thanks for saving Ruby's
and Paul's Daughter!

Three stops from Coney Island
Re: Brooklyn Nets Shop by Adidas to open in Coney!
Reply #15 - May 20th, 2013 at 6:20am

Quote:
Capt_Nemo wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 10:18pm:
i guess we will have to agree to respectfully disagree about how important a free parking lot is to drum in business.  Even with the price of gas going up, the convience factor of driving still is better then taking mass transit.

I am curious, beach goers usually take chairs, coolers, etc with them. If they wanted to go a movie theater, if one was here, what would they do with those things.

Its all moot anyway.  No one is building a multiplex movie theater here anyway.  The only person with enough land to do so, doesnt want to build one.

Bruce

Good question on the beach equipment, so true. However, this would only happen during the beach season, but the movie theater would be a year round business.

We actually DO need another theater. There really is nowhere except for the UA to go to the movies. I think even the Kings Plaza theater is closed now.

I remember the Kingsway, The Avalon, The Highway, Kenmore, and I even remember the Sheepshead Bay theater that is now Bally's. The one on 86th that is now Marshall's.  I've been to all of them and more. So many movie theaters are long gone.  Then again, I have not seen a single movie come out I'd care to see anyway.  I think no one can come up with an original plot, so now they're remaking the old classics.  Only problem is, Leo DiCaprio is NO Robert Redford! Wink

The Marshall's on 86th was the Loew's Oriental. There was also The Benson on 86th and 20th Ave. The Redford one in 1974 was the third remake. There was one in 1949 with Alan Ladd as Gatsby and MacDonald Carey as Nick and one in 1926 with Warner Baxter as Gatsby and Neil Hamilton as Nick.

Archive and restore your photos before they fade away! www.bogframe.com
WWW bogframe  
IP Logged

Elephant Man
Gold Member

4th Largest City in America
Reply #16 - May 20th, 2013 at 6:43am

Bogframe wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 6:20am:
one in 1926 with Warner Baxter as Gatsby and Neil Hamilton as Nick.

Neil Hamilton?  Commisioner Gordon?

IP Logged

Bogframe
Gold Member

Thanks for saving Ruby's
and Paul's Daughter!

Reply #17 - May 20th, 2013 at 12:13pm

Elephant Man wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 6:43am:

Yes, THAT Neil Hamilton! He was known as a matinee idol back in his day!

WWW bogframe  
IP Logged

Elephant Man
Gold Member

Reply #18 - May 20th, 2013 at 1:28pm

Bogframe wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 12:13pm:
Elephant Man wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 6:43am:

Yes, THAT Neil Hamilton! He was known as a matinee idol back in his day!

Dat's life fer ya.  Smokin Matinee idol
of the 20's, world's most needy police commissioner of the 60's.
Only a 40 year gap.  Sheesh. People have smoked longer than that.
Well, to quote Clint Eastwood, "we all got it coming".

IP Logged

Best View Of Coney
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 20th, 2013 at 2:23pm

beaucecarnavalman wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 12:18am:
Capt_Nemo wrote on May 20th, 2013 at 12:08am:
Most of us on here hope so.  Some people want to turn Coney Island into something besides Coney Island.  Saying it should become the next Times Square, and new South Street Seaport.  Those are not the people's playground.

I met a lady yesterday who hasnt been here in 10 years.  When asked if she liked the changes, she looked around and said no.

Bruce

beaucecarnavalman wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 11:56pm:
Bogframe wrote on May 19th, 2013 at 7:50am:
There goes the neighborhood. I know you love $itt's idea of turning Coney Island into the
retail
ride of a lifetime, but I'd rather see it remain the People's PLAYground.

And it will still be!

I like it better then 4 years ago. Better then empty lots/buildings

I like it better too, some don't I guess.

Well now that It's Sugar is here, why is that attitude that it'll be gone tomorrow?

Last year Sitt had rides on his lot where the Mega Whirl SITTS abandoned, and they lasted the entire season.  No one bothered to ever mention that, but if they left after 2 weeks like Geren in 2008, we'd have heard about it.

IP Logged

MUSCLE_MONSTER13
Gold Member

Reply #20 - May 21st, 2013 at 7:17am

This is such great news.....

NY Post excerpt -

Nets Shop by Adidas’ original location opened with Barclays Center in September 2012.

The Coney Island site will sell standard Brooklyn Nets’ jerseys, hats, and T-shirts. But it will also sell sunglasses, beach towels, flip-flops, and swimwear — all in the club’s signature black and white color scheme. In the spirit of Coney Island, fans can win prizes through in-store games and social media promotions on Twitter (@brooklynnets) and Facebook (facebook.com/brooklynnets).

“Coney Island is synonymous with summers in Brooklyn, and we’re excited to be part of such an iconic neighborhood,” said Barclays Center/Nets CEO Brett Yormark. “Opening Nets Shop by Adidas at Coney Island is the perfect way to expand our brand and marry sports with lifestyle. We also know that the Coney Island community is working hard to recover from [Superstorm] Sandy. We want to provide another economic engine that can further spark commerce by encouraging people to visit this wonderful area.”

“Our goal this summer was to offer local Brooklyn brands an opportunity to showcase their wares in the heart of the People’s Playground,” Sitt said. “Given how closely aligned Brooklyn and the Nets have already become, it was only fitting that we would include Nets Shop by Adidas in our plans.”

Read more: New seasonal Nets Shop by Adidas opening in Coney Island http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/brooklyn/new_seasonal_nets_shop_by_adidas_BK6Ac82K...

The New Coney Island - Brooklyn's Times Square by the Sea!

http://coneyrocks.blogspot.com

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #21 - May 21st, 2013 at 8:47am

Seasonal?? Since when are you for seasonal operations??  For a man who screams Coney Island must be year round, you do know what seasonal means??  

Oh yea, I forgot, its a Joe Sitt building, that's the only reason why.

Bruce

MUSCLE_MONSTER13 wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 7:17am:
This is such great news.....

NY Post excerpt -

Nets Shop by Adidas’ original location opened with Barclays Center in September 2012.

The Coney Island site will sell standard Brooklyn Nets’ jerseys, hats, and T-shirts. But it will also sell sunglasses, beach towels, flip-flops, and swimwear — all in the club’s signature black and white color scheme. In the spirit of Coney Island, fans can win prizes through in-store games and social media promotions on Twitter (@brooklynnets) and Facebook (facebook.com/brooklynnets).

“Coney Island is synonymous with summers in Brooklyn, and we’re excited to be part of such an iconic neighborhood,” said Barclays Center/Nets CEO Brett Yormark. “Opening Nets Shop by Adidas at Coney Island is the perfect way to expand our brand and marry sports with lifestyle. We also know that the Coney Island community is working hard to recover from [Superstorm] Sandy. We want to provide another economic engine that can further spark commerce by encouraging people to visit this wonderful area.”

“Our goal this summer was to offer local Brooklyn brands an opportunity to showcase their wares in the heart of the People’s Playground,” Sitt said. “Given how closely aligned Brooklyn and the Nets have already become, it was only fitting that we would include Nets Shop by Adidas in our plans.”

Read more: New seasonal Nets Shop by Adidas opening in Coney Island http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/brooklyn/new_seasonal_nets_shop_by_adidas_BK6Ac82K...

Its all about the land between the Aquarium to Keyspan, south of Surf Ave.

IP Logged

MUSCLE_MONSTER13
Gold Member

Reply #22 - May 23rd, 2013 at 7:08pm

I am in heaven!

There's a new Nets Shop by adidas in Coney Island! The shop opened its doors for the first time today, and is located at 3015 Stillwell Ave, across the street from the original Nathan's. Check out photos from the opening below!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151627417545255.1073741864.264261252...

IP Logged

MUSCLE_MONSTER13
Gold Member

Reply #23 - May 27th, 2013 at 11:56am

Brooklyn's Major League Team Comes to Coney Island!

Brooklyn Nets-themed bikinis, beach balls, towels, flip-flops, visors, and other Nets gear will be available in the Nets Shop a block off the Coney Island boardwalk.

Grand Opening on Thursday May 22nd!

Check back for more details.

http://coneyislandfunguide.com/EatAndShop/The-Nets-Shop-by-Adidas.htm

IP Logged

Elephant Man
Gold Member

Reply #24 - May 27th, 2013 at 9:08pm

It's a good store.  I like it.

IP Logged

Best View Of Coney
Ex Member

Reply #25 - May 30th, 2013 at 4:19pm

Elephant Man wrote on May 27th, 2013 at 9:08pm:

I was by there this morning, it looks amazing. The entire building looks great in fact, and I love that colorful mosaic shiny signage they have on Stillwell Avenue.  Most of the building appears to be filled. It's wonderful that finally people can come off the train, and see a nice shiny new building with lot's of colorful and exciting signage, and interesting venues.  Not a fan of Sitt, but credit where it is due already around here.

IP Logged

Capt_Nemo
Gold Member

Reply #26 - May 30th, 2013 at 6:13pm

You thank Sitt for removing a blight he gave you in the first place??

What other building owner would blight his own new building?

The prior owner of Henderson kept the building in good shape.  Only Sitt let the building get into the shape where you were ok with it coming down.

When Joe leaves Coney, then we can celebrate.  Till he does, you are only getting a view of what post Sitt in Coney can look like.

Bruce

Quote:

I was by there this morning, it looks amazing. The entire building looks great in fact, and I love that colorful mosaic shiny signage they have on Stillwell Avenue.  Most of the building appears to be filled. It's wonderful that finally people can come off the train, and see a nice shiny new building with lot's of colorful and exciting signage, and interesting venues.  Not a fan of Sitt, but credit where it is due already around here.

Its all about the land between the Aquarium to Keyspan, south of Surf Ave.

IP Logged

Best View Of Coney
Ex Member

Reply #27 - May 31st, 2013 at 10:36am

Capt_Nemo wrote on May 30th, 2013 at 6:13pm:

The prior owner of Henderson kept the building in good shape.  Only Sitt let the building get into the shape where you were ok with it coming down.

When Joe leaves Coney, then we can celebrate.  Till he does, you are only getting a view of what post Sitt in Coney can look like.

Bruce

Quote:

Not defending Sitt, however, the building is no longer blighted, it's Lighted, and occupied.  Why still bring up what is no longer happening, more negativity that is not needed, but that's just my opinion.

Not sure what you classify as "good shape" but it didn't look too great to me even before Sitt, particularly on the side of Stillwell Avenue it looked run down and tawdry.  Also, it was likely infested with vermin from so much of it in decay and non-use. No matter what you might say or think as you're entitled to, at this present time, that corner looks like night and day. This is compared to what it was like before with the Henderson on it's best pre-Sitt days, and within the realm of the past few years.  Not talking of when the Henderson was in it's prime, naturally.

You lost me on the last line...

IP Logged

Bogframe
Gold Member

Thanks for saving Ruby's
and Paul's Daughter!

Reply #28 - May 31st, 2013 at 10:45am

Quote:
Capt_Nemo wrote on May 30th, 2013 at 6:13pm:

Bruce

Quote:

Not defending Sitt, however, the building is no longer blighted, it's Lighted, and occupied.  Why still bring up what is no longer happening, more negativity that is not needed, but that's just my opinion.

Not sure what you classify as "good shape" but it didn't look too great to me even before Sitt, particularly on the side of Stillwell Avenue it looked run down and tawdry.  Also, it was likely infested with vermin from so much of it in decay and non-use. No matter what you might say or think as you're entitled to, at this present time, that corner looks like night and day. This is compared to what it was like before with the Henderson on it's best pre-Sitt days, and within the realm of the past few years.  Not talking of when the Henderson was in it's prime, naturally.

You lost me on the last line...

We must have been looking at two different Henderson Buildings, because, as early as 2002, it was still in good shape and in full use. It didn't become dilapidated until $itt had holes punched in the rood and had all the windows in the upper floors pulled out.

WWW bogframe  
IP Logged

Elephant Man
Gold Member

Reply #29 - May 31st, 2013 at 10:45am

My only beef is the airspace.

Those billboards, what a waste.

Here is the perfect time to introduce the giant HD screen type of advertising that is the craze everywhere now.   Why the simple, single advertisement paste up billboard?  How 19th century. If you have no interest in the product on the billboard, it's not even a glance. 
Digital screens, you stop to see what's coming next.
We need giant screens, that have moving pictures day and night, to fill in that airspace.

It's a no brainer really. Everyone is finding success with these things.  They even put them up next to the highways. 
Those giant screens in the center of Coney Island, everyone will want to advertise on it, from food and drink to amusement and entertainment. Any one of those screens pays for itself.
You're constantly getting money from advertisers.

It would be an exciting visual exiting the train station.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print